Role of team lead – data analytics:
Lead and manage a team of data scientists that is innovative, collaborative, and customer-focused, provide training and work towards professional development of data analytics team. Standardisation of methods and algorithms, which includes, statistical, artificial intelligence, machine learning and mathematical optimisation. Provision of data science resources including code libraries and documentation, Quality assurance of outputs, Project work, Client interaction. The candidate must ensure technical quality, reuse and automation in software libraries and packages, contribute resources to multi-disciplinary teams in support of a project work.
- Person specification (8-10 years of experience):
- Demonstrable experience of leading a substantive area of work, or line management of a team.
- Extensive knowledge of analytical programming languages, namely R and Python.
- Extensive knowledge of working with SQL and databases.
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Software package/library development and writing reusable code
- Creating and/or delivering technical training programmes
- Using a variety of statistical and numerical methods and algorithms
- Master’s degree in a ‘numerate’ discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, computational science, operations research, data science, or a related field.
- Experience of implementing quality assurance of software-based processes and analytical outputs.
- Experience of using machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies.
- Experience of agile working.
- Experience of using distributed version control software (e.g. git).
- Experience on data lakes and data warehouses.